View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Vette-kid

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 27,755
Said "Thanks" 146 Times
Was Thanked 126 Times in 64 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Moving in ground bananas

We will be moving in about 6 weeks and id like to take as many bananas with me as I can. Not all of them have pups I can take right now. What is the best way to move a mature plant? I may not be able to get a trailer capable of hauling the full height, can I cut them shorter if I'm digging up the corm? Any benefit to keeping as much pstem as possible, or am I better off cutting it closer to the ground and starting over?

Ive been trying to search but havnt found much yet. Its a local move across town and I should be able to put them back into the ground within a week of digging them up. I can put them in large pots for the duration so they will have nutrients.
Vette-kid is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Vette-kid
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors