View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Island Brah

Zone: 7b & 8a Border
Name: Island Brah
BananaBucks : 56,302
Said "Thanks" 556 Times
Was Thanked 345 Times in 117 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 27 Times
Default Re: Southeast Veinte Cohol Flowering

I took this pic earlier this week and wanted to post an update of the progress. Not sure if cutting the pup off had any negative effects but it doesn't look like it to me. Maybe one of the experts here can weigh in on that from my pics.

I was told to and I did take off every other banana on the top two hands to make them fill faster before frost. I was told to do the same to the bottom two hands but it makes me cringe to have to remove them so soon. It does appear the top hands are filling faster but not sure if that's just how bananas fill - top to bottom? Our highs here now are in the low to mid 70s and the lows are in the upper 40s to upper 50s. Hopefully frost stays away for another 3 weeks at least...which does look possible according to the long-term forecasts

Really cool to see the honey bees outnumbering the yellow jackets and other types of bees on the banana flowers. I must have a honey hive somewhere close. You can see some in the pic if you look close lol

Untitled