View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
29vivian

Zone: 6-7
Name: Kyle
BananaBucks : 466
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default New to Bananas and need some Winter Advice

Hello, I have been a lurker for a while, but now that the warm season is coming to an end, I was hoping I could get some advice. This spring I had ordered 4 grain nain plants off of Amazon (you can see one smaller plant in each pod which are the "grand nains I prdered). Luck be have it, as soon as they came in, my neighbor informed me that he has a buddy looking to get rid of some. Long story short, we drive that night and picked up about 15 more plants (These of which I do not know the variety, but was informed they are non fruit bearing) I am going to add a couple pictures showing when I first planted them, to there they are currently. Do to the climate we live in (10 miles south of Cincinnati OH), I was told that I should dig them up and bring them in. I have been reading a lot of others post on the subject but still have a few questions of my own. I have 2 places I could store them, one being my unheated but insulated garage, and the other is my basement which is kept rather warm all winter, needless to say I am not sure which would be better. Also you will be able to tell that the plants I received free have grown quite large, which I love, but they are practically growing on top of each other. After digging them up, should I try to separate the plants now, or should I try to store them as a group, and separate in the spring. Next spring I plan to forego the 4 growing pods, and space out the individual plants as to have a line of plants, and to give them each more room. Any advice you experts can provide would be great! Thanks from Florence Y'all Kentucky.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Just Planted.jpg (960.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Group SHot.jpg (71.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Base 1 (3).jpg (89.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Base 1 (1).jpg (90.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Grand Nain.jpg (83.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Unsure of Type.jpg (90.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5583.jpg (75.5 KB, 36 views)
29vivian is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To 29vivian
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors