View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kegas76

Zone: 9a sandhills
Name: Andy
BananaBucks : 8,952
Said "Thanks" 79 Times
Was Thanked 337 Times in 120 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 506 Times
Default Re: If you go to Disney world in Florida

I'm glad you started this thread. I've been meaning to post some photos of an old Disney trip, my pics aren't from Animal Kingdom though.

My wife and I are FL annual pass-holders and while we usually just do day trips, every once in awhile we'll do an overnight at a resort. These photos are were taken at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort on Halloween 2015. The resort has three room areas, Cabanas (beach), Rancheros (desert theme), and Casitas which has the most landscaping, these photos were taken in the Casitas area.

Around the lake, along the path to the resort shops/convention area there are a lot of cannas (yellow with orange) lining the shore. At one of the intersections between the Casita buildings there is a mat of SDCs.

One of the plants had a bunch cradled in the leaves.

When you get the El Centro, the main building with the bars, shops, and eateries, the is a mat of tall bananas (20-25 feet) behind the Three Caballeros.

There is a full bunch on this plant and it looks like the bud is almost spent.

The bunch enlarged, the one yellow fruit (top of the bunch) is split along its length.

These dwarfs (4-5 feet) were close the the Casitas' Quiet Pool.

The bunch enlarged; this was the only bunch that had its bud cut off that I can remember.

These plants were slightly larger than the dwarfs shown above, around 6 feet if I recall correctly and the leaves seemed a little more broad.

The bunch enlarged with good view of the bud.

There were a few other mats that I didn't get photos of at least one of these was a red leaf variety (also near the quiet pool). Other landscaping items includes standard FL palms, birds of paradise (white and orange), Mexican petunias, gingers, and various aroids.
Kegas76 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kegas76
Said thanks: