Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,762
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: I need help!

The herbicide label does indicate this product can remain in the soil for a year or more. I can't find info as to how long, but the label states not to plant in the area until TEST show no presents of the herbicide. ... From your opening post, it appears to be about 2 years since the hebicide was sprayed. ... Is the hebicide still being sprayed used in the greenhouse? ... Additionally, the label state the person applying the product should be using 'personal protective equipment' (PPE) and access to the area be restricted for 48 hrs after application. So there may be concern for your health. If the product is effecting the plants after 2 years, it is get on you when digging in the soil. ... IMO ... Stop using this product! ...

Now the plants ... I suggest repot (use rubber gloves!!!) these into 8" or 10" with clean potting soil to see what happens. The corms appear to be sprouting multiple plantlets, so banana plant has some resistance to the chemical. But, some how the product is effecting the plant growth hormones. ... The plant/corms may die or you may have a whole bunch of little plants.