View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Zacarias
Guero fronterizo

Zone: 10
Name: Guerote
BananaBucks : 75,672
Said "Thanks" 74 Times
Was Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Zacarias
Default Re: Fruiting in container

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Giants View Post
I never even considered that someone would not be able to figure that out.

When fruiting a banana plant in a fabric pot you have realize the plant is going to grow large and that the fabric pot is only being held together with a thread. So enough spacers need be added during planting to accommodate the rhizome as it grows. More spacers can also be added to reduce the pot size so the plant can be planted at any desired level. These spacers also promote root development which helps the plants grow bigger and faster.
FEELING DUMB...PR-Giants, can you explain what you mean my spacers?? I think people are confused because we are taught not to put the corm too deep so as not to rot it out.
So if one puts a banana in a smart pot with it 1/3 or 1/2 full with soil, then what does one do? Thanks.

Z
Zacarias is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Zacarias
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors