View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
pukpukz

Zone: Zone 9
Name: J D
BananaBucks : 35,887
Said "Thanks" 42 Times
Was Thanked 215 Times in 83 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 34 Times
Default Re: New to this and looking for sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
Buy from a member here so you will get the correct plant you want. You will also get a big softball sized corm instead of a tiny 3 inch tall plantlet that has a higher chance of dieing before it hardens off. if you buy a TC you will have about a 50:50 odds of getting the correct variety. Just search on here and read people's experiences.

Honestly it will be very hard fruiting a banana where you live. I'm not saying it can't be done just that it will take some work. I would suggest a dwarf Orinoco. They are the most cold hardy seedless banana. Great starter banana.

I wouldn't get a truly tiny/little prince/super dwarf cavendish. Research shows they are the same and nothing can prove they are not all super dwarf cavendish. I have never successfully fruited mine in 4 years.

I'm not a commercial seller I'm just a banana lover and collector. Before you buy a TC private message me and I will send you whatever you decide. I sell most of my pups for $10 plus shipping ($10 for 1. $20 for upto 4) via priority mail flat rate boxes. I already have extra pups and whithin a month I will be throwing away pups lol.
I need to step in here Taylor truly tiny/little prince/super dwarf cavendish are not the SAME !!! The Super Dwarf is a heavy Producer of Bananas and only get 3 to 4 foot tall, the Truly tiny has not produce for me and I have some in ground even . So I don't what research you have read But I grow them . When growing Banana in containers you need to deal with Mature height so it has time to fruit it takes 120 days most of the time after the bloom
pukpukz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pukpukz
Said thanks: