View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 12:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,758
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: Best Practice to grow TC Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputinc7 View Post
There is, many times, more than one correct way to do something. To be the correct way, all it has to do is work. It may not be the most efficient way or the way you like to do it, but those factors do not prevent it from being correct.
For instance, you can shut a door then lock it, or lock the door then shut it. Which way is right? Either way it ends up shut and locked which is the objective. No need to be so dogmatic about your preferred methods, people, please...

You are entirely correct! ...

Richard's first link posted was to an article about 'fruiting home grown bananas' for site selection; planting; and watering of field ready plants. It did contain (only) 2 statements about TC plants in reference to shade and fertilizer. His second link posted is to his article "A few words about Potted Plants" which is general instructions for potting 'plants' (any type) and gives instruction for testing pot soil moisture using 'chopsticks' through the bottom hole of the pot and to 'Avoid watering the plants with a tray under the pot'. ... I use a long stem moisture meter from the top of the pot to the bottom checking multiple locations & depths around the pot.

From my "cursory" reading of those posted articles, it was easy to determine they contained no information applicable to TC plantlets for their current stage of growth. The articles are useless for my needs; a waste of my time to read; and were not applicable to growing TC plantlets to be field ready. ... However, in the above post, I politely thanked Richard for his contribution at the time.

Now to clear something else. 'TC' or 'tissue culture' is a descriptive name indicating how a plant was propagated. The term does not indicate the stage of growth of the plant itself: immature, young, or mature.

Last edited by edwmax : 12-31-2016 at 12:51 AM.
edwmax is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edwmax
Said thanks: