View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
mcvfd12

BananaBucks : 3,952
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default My new plants arrived. Pictures inside. Any help appreciated

Banana Gallery - IMG_3120

I posted a picture to my gallery, it wouldn't let me attach it in here?

Anyway, what I'm supposed to have here are truly tiny musa banana trees.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look pretty rough from shipping. The card inside the box said to take the pepper wrap off of them and soak the pots in water for under an hour. I set the pots in about 2" of water for a half hour as I'm afraid to over water these things. They don't look very healthy.

This is my first time trying to grow anything in a pot. I live in northwestern Ohio so these will be inside most of the year. I have the heat turned on in the kitchen where they are sitting now and they're on a towel. Should get a decent amount of light sitting by my sliding patio doors that face the west.

I have an 8" pot ready to put the best looking one into and i'll likely give the other away assuming they make it that long.

I just need some general tips for helping these things out. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

No idea when to transplant one into the larger pot or how exactly to do it.
mcvfd12 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mcvfd12
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors