View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,928
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Banana seeds from chinese auction portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
banana seeds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, don't know if they are banana seeds or not. but none of them have germinated in a ziplock bag. been in the bags for over a month. seems to me if they were grass all would have germinated long ago. I will let you know when I know for sure. but also the seeds do not cost that much, I paid less than 7 dollars for each pack of seeds and received anywhere from 50 to 200 seeds for each variety. rainbow, red and dwarf Cavendish. I believe I received some Burmese blues from them also, looked like the ones I got from somebody from florida, just a bit larger.
Very true. Banana seeds do look different. But not a lot different. I've only dealt with 20 or so varieties of banana seeds and all looked similar just different sized. All were very hard and had the button (where they germinate from) on top.

The rainbow fruit they show in pics are fake and photoshopped to the best of my knowledge. All the pictures you see of the different colors are just commercial cavendish photoshopped. Most photoshopped extremely well!! Also dwarf cavendish do not have seeds. (I mean it is possible if your a banana breeder and have hand pollinated but then you will get 1 seed out of a thousand plants).

Still keep us updated. Hopefully they are still some type of banana seed or ensente and will germinate. Do you have any pictures of the actual seeds? The experts on here could confirm if they are at least musa/muscella/ensente or something else.

Confirming by pictures will also be a huge service to others thinking of purchasing from them. Sure it's a $1 or $5 or $10 but if these guys are scamming, any $ we stop from going to them is that much less they will have to expand their scams and take advantage of others.