View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 89,357
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: I bought a foliage plant at Walmart

I got back from the WalMart at Tallahassee/Bradfordville. They did have banana plants. These were labeled as Dwarf Cavendish @ $8.77 each. These plants were in BAD shape. The pots were bone dry; leaves dropping & broken; and I could see several pots where the pups had died. But the pots I picked, up the pups were almost as big as Mom. One pot Mom had died, but the 3 pups were as big as all the other pots.

You guys are going to shoot me. I asked for a department Manager to see if these distressed plant could be discounted. One wasn't available. I was sent to the Customer Service desk to ask for the Manager there. She stated she could only allow !0% off. Then punched buttons on the registrar and stated the plants would be $6.77/ea (hum ... more than 10%) and told the clerk. I had 3 pots and decided to get one more pot.

The clerk ring up 4 pot for a total of $32.??; I handed her my card; she punched a couple of buttons and I saw $12.00 on the display; the display when black; the clerk gave me the card back for me to put into the terminal; I pulled out the registrar slip to see the total charge & debit was $12. I just said THANK YOU to the clerk & she smiled. .... nuff of my rambling ...

pictures

Banana Heads, check out the Florida WalMart stores to see what Banana plants they may have.