View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
saxybill1
Bill

Zone: 22508
Name: Bill
BananaBucks : 27,881
Said "Thanks" 100 Times
Was Thanked 108 Times in 61 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to saxybill1 Send a message via MSN to saxybill1
Default Re: Grow light recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharriett View Post
I'm about a month from taking my new banana tree in for the Ohio winter. I live in a home where there isn't too much all day light in the house and I'd like my tree to continue to grow.. I've got a room with very little light, but it always gets super warm during the winter, so it will be a nice room for the banana. I wanted to add a couple of grow lights to keep it going as well.

Can't seem to find any threads about this on the site, so I wanted to ask some recommendations. I know they can get expensive, into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars. I was hoping for something significantly more economical that will do the job for the banana. And just the banana.

I found this on Amazon as an example. Any idea if a couple of these around the tree would work?

https://amzn.com/B00GNWK2XO

Any other ideas for grow lights that banana trees thrive under during the winter?
I have tried several and my last pick would be what you have chosen. Leds are great for germination, but must be very close up to the plant, so coverage is minimized. I myself use cfl lights as they have proven to be quite adequate although led is less expensive to run and do not get hot to the touch. I also have bought my cfl from amazon, they are relatively inexpensive, offer a wider coverage area and the electricity used is minimal. Hope this helps,
Bill
saxybill1 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To saxybill1
Said thanks: