View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
eharriett

BananaBucks : 55,816
Said "Thanks" 33 Times
Was Thanked 51 Times in 25 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Grow light recommendations?

I'm about a month from taking my new banana tree in for the Ohio winter. I live in a home where there isn't too much all day light in the house and I'd like my tree to continue to grow.. I've got a room with very little light, but it always gets super warm during the winter, so it will be a nice room for the banana. I wanted to add a couple of grow lights to keep it going as well.

Can't seem to find any threads about this on the site, so I wanted to ask some recommendations. I know they can get expensive, into the hundreds or even thousands of dollars. I was hoping for something significantly more economical that will do the job for the banana. And just the banana.

I found this on Amazon as an example. Any idea if a couple of these around the tree would work?

https://amzn.com/B00GNWK2XO

Any other ideas for grow lights that banana trees thrive under during the winter?
eharriett is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To eharriett
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors