View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Natureboy

Zone: 9B
Name: Nate
BananaBucks : 46,167
Said "Thanks" 124 Times
Was Thanked 138 Times in 59 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 7 Times
Default Funky cores of Praying Hands

I had this bunch of Praying Hands bananas that stayed on the plant for at least 9 months before I harvested them. They never turned yellow, but filled out reasonably well. After they began turning yellow, I ate a couple and they were still pretty starchy, so I gave them a few more days to ripen. Now, most of the bananas have black stuff and some of them even have cells that look like eggs or something. Anyone have any insight? Are they just overripe now or is it some kind of mold? Just wondering if I should worry about eating them at this point.

https://postimg.org/image/ly1bz3l5z/

Current varieties: Dwarf Namwah, FHIA-03 (Sweetheart), White Iholena, Maoli, Orinoco, Manzano (Apple), Praying Hands, Dwarf Brazilian, Pisang Raja, Rajapuri, Ice Cream (Blue Java), FHIA-01 (Goldfinger), Kandarian
Natureboy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Natureboy
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors