View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 07:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Island Brah

Zone: 7b & 8a Border
Name: Island Brah
BananaBucks : 56,319
Said "Thanks" 556 Times
Was Thanked 345 Times in 117 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 27 Times
Default Re: Transplanted Musa Basjoo - When to Fertilize?

Welp, it looks like my Basjoos were stoked about the 4-10-3 Root Stimulator by Bonide the lady at my local nursery sold me. I could tell the difference in color of the P-stem in just one day as they turned from a dark dull green to a nice lime green color. The instructions on the bottle of root stimulator says to use 4 Tbsp per gallon but I used 3 Tbsp per gallon just to play safe.

It seems the roots took about 3 weeks to really recover from the shock of transplanting and establish themselves. Now, new leaves are exploding out of all of them and this little pup peaked its head out on the 4th of July! Its a freedom pup! It took just over one month for the pup to emerge from when I transplanted the 3'-4' Basjoos on 6/2/2016. It was the Basjoo that had the most leaves(6th leave was almost opened) but not the most height or sun.

Is this fast for a pup to emerge or about normal?

Does anyone know what triggers the Basjoos to sprout pups?

When is it safe to separate the pup to a new location?

Last edited by Island Brah : 07-06-2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Island Brah is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Island Brah
Said thanks: