View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pancrazio

Zone: 8b-9a
BananaBucks : 61,941
Said "Thanks" 187 Times
Was Thanked 258 Times in 107 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Default What i should do? (Dwarf Namwah)

This winter i have overwintered for the first time a banana in my garden. The plant and the pstem did survive and started their grow in spring (all of them). Even the biggest did put out a new petiole. You can see all them here with the new early grow of spring.

However, right now i'm having an issue.

The biggest of those pstem, which indubitably survived the winter as you have seen in the previous picture, firstly started putting out a white leaf, which withered immediately after being put out; then attempted to put out ANOTHER white leaf, was able to put it out about half of it (which in turn whitered) and the stopped its growth.
Right now i don't know what to do. It is rotting? It is chocking?
What i'm supposed to do? It as a 8' stem, i was hoping for it to be my first dwarf namwah flower, but right now it looks like it will just rot.
What i should do?

Italian fruit forum
Pancrazio is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pancrazio
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors