View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
RobG7aChattTN

BananaBucks : 19,134
Said "Thanks" 29 Times
Was Thanked 438 Times in 234 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: musa Itinerans va Itinerans wanted in Georgia

Well...I just read the itinerans thread from that link. I'm no expert so I can only say that I've grown what I've been given as a certain species or variety. I will say that the yunnanesis that I tried came from BigDog (Frank) and I have that itinerans 'Doi Inthanon' from N2tropicAL (Hayes). After that I have/had two other forms of itinerans and I can't remember if I got them from Frank or Hayes but their running habit means that either they have both survived and run together or perhaps only one survived and has grown into where the other was. They/it has also run into where the balbisiana used to be so if a small piece of that survived I might not have noticed and it also could have gotten crowded out by itinerants after being knocked back by a harsh winter (-4F). I learned my lesson and planted 'Doi Inthanon' off by itself so I wouldn't have a problem with it combining with another form but now I have bamboo rhizomes shooting all through the mat because I never really learned my lesson with bamboo. At some point everything will be bamboo forest. I'm sure at some point it will eat my house...
RobG7aChattTN is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RobG7aChattTN