View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
a.hulva@coxinet.net

Zone: 73034
Name: Al
BananaBucks : 48,334
Said "Thanks" 3,695 Times
Was Thanked 779 Times in 317 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 437 Times
Default Re: Supposed Ice Cream problems, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputinc7 View Post
Here should be a pic of my recently acquired Ice Cream banana. It came nice and green and healthy. I have treated it the same as I did the Manzano I now have a bunch on which has grown great since I planted it last year, along with the other "Ice Cream" banana that has since died. It's death began the same way, new leaves pale turning brown and crunchy. You can see some brown n crunchy on the tip of one of the older leaves, and the new one is sickly and pale... It has been in the ground about 4 weeks, now in well fertilized soil that I water well every other day as it is sandy.
Here is where the pic should be. As you can see it ain't here. I uploaded them to my own gallery, and it said the uploads were successful, but there are no pics in my gallery. I waited a couple hours, still not there. SO, I guess you hafta use your imagination.
If they ever show up, I will post here.
If the plant was moved out in full sun it may be sun burn. If it's been outside for four weeks just leave it out. I would water only once a week only if dry a couple of inches down then not too heavy. Planting in a very loose soil that doesn't retain water. Needs excellent drainage. Be patient your plant is not dieing yet and doesn't look that bad.
a.hulva@coxinet.net is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To a.hulva@coxinet.net
Said thanks: