View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
mskitty38583
banana junkie

Zone: 7b
Name: mskitty
BananaBucks : 189,783
Said "Thanks" 82 Times
Was Thanked 890 Times in 617 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 136 Times
Default Re: food for palms and bop???

randy your not taking up space! i value all of yall opinions. and i was wanting to know for indoor palms. i have no problem putting my plants in the shower (have done it before) to do a flushing of the soil, i was concerned about the salt build up in the pots. and randy that site was very informative. i use epsome salt in most of the plantings i do outside( my secret mix for fert) but was very unsure about the plants inside. i have used miricle grow on my nanas 2 times since ive had them. it seems that it does ok for them. 1 tbsp per gallon of filtered water.( yes i filter my water for the tropical plants) i am having a problem with the tc basjoo i got a few months ago. so i put it in more direct sunlite and found i had little,tiny, itty, bitty white things crawling on it. so i used some low tox bug spray. which i hate to do. i started noticing brown splotches and yellowing on the leaves, so ive been watching it for 2 days. i thought it needed some calcium....nope that wasnt it. inkcube, so i get this right, are you saying that no matter what kind of fert i get its going to have salts in it. i just dont want to use some thing that is going to harm my palms and bop.i have worked too hard to get them looking this nice. so the fert that i got last nite is it not good for the palms and bop? or should i take it back and get something else? if that is the case ill look and see if they have the dynamite at lowes. thank yall so much for the help.

mskitty38583 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mskitty38583