View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Steppenwolfe

BananaBucks : 18,704
Said "Thanks" 14 Times
Was Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Dwarf Banana Stunted Growth

In the following pictures is my Dwarf Banana Plant named Luquillo. As you can see from the picture there is an unrolled leaf which has been probably in that exact position for 2 weeks. However, the pups grew inches both within those two weeks.

Another thing to point out is the wilting of one of the leaves on the main plant. It has been incredibly slow whereas before the wilting happened within in 3-4 days.

Possible causes:…

Plant went into shock from being repotted while the second leaf was popping up so that stunted growth.

Fungus knats could've slowed down growth by eating at roots all though I have not seen one fly emerge from the soil for about a week now.

Plant went into shock from over misting. (I was misting heavily all day, until big drops would form on leaves, several times a day). Stomata closed and interfered with photosynthesis. Mother plant gave all her nutrients to pups to secure her replacement. This would also explain both pups shooting up fast within the last 2 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (1.11 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image2.JPG (1.61 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg image3.JPG (1.58 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg image4.JPG (1.68 MB, 11 views)
Steppenwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Steppenwolfe