View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mark Dragt

Zone: 8
BananaBucks : 34,514
Said "Thanks" 3,357 Times
Was Thanked 1,718 Times in 635 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 332 Times
Default Re: Banana Trees turning brown and leaning. Is this normal for winter?? Help I'm ne

Ok, let's do this.
#1-please add your location and your grow zone to your profile. This helps other members to accurately help you.
#2-leaves turning brown, looking at your picts, normal. There are different ideas on this. If it has any green at all leave it on the plant. Or some members really like the clean look so any brown or damaged leaves are removed. I call this one growers choice. When they are no longer doing the plant any good I cut them off and drop them at the base of the plant.
#3-leaning plants. Your plants are close together and are competing for ground for there roots, and possibly for sunlight. Leaning normal. As these plants mature you may need to prop when supporting fruit.
#4-plant stump. Easy one. Just cut the stump off at the ground. The plant is more than likely done with it anyway. If you dug it out you would disturb more roots of the near plants. Cut low, let it go.
#5-I wanted to add this. Do you know what kind of banana you are growing? If you did, and you had your grow zone listed, others in a similar grow zone would have a idea how that plant would grow for them. If you do not know what your plant is, you can post picts in the id section of the forum. Picts of leaves, stems ,flowers, and fruit. I hope this helps. Good luck with your plants.
Sponsors