View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
aber82

BananaBucks : 11,861
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Banana Trees turning brown and leaning. Is this normal for winter?? Help I'm new...

Hi all! I recently moved into a home and was very pleasantly surprised to find that what I thought was ornamental palms is actually several banana trees growing in my backyard. The trees have done good all summer and we have gotten several bunches of great tasting bananas. Recently as temperatures here in Houston, TX have started to drop for winter I've noticed several branches and leaves of the trees turning brown and drying up. Some of the tress also seem to be leaning a bit more than before as well. Is this normal for winter months?? Is there anything I can do to help the trees stay strong and healthy? Also one of the trees completely fell over and the top broke off leaving me a banana tree "stump"; should I pull this out? Based on the age of my home, I assume the trees are roughly 5 years old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Photos below are of my trees.

Last edited by aber82 : 11-08-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added info on photos that I also uploaded.
aber82 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To aber82

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors