View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
a.hulva@coxinet.net

Zone: 73034
Name: Al
BananaBucks : 48,334
Said "Thanks" 3,695 Times
Was Thanked 779 Times in 317 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 437 Times
Default Re: Siam Ruby health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownz281 View Post
This is the second plant I got from the same nursery. First plant I posted on here had the same problems and after two years died.
Have had this one since July. It was in full sun for several hrs a day. Mix of compost and potting soil. Still did the same with the larger plants drooping and new leaves wilting and dieing. Pups like made but they never get taller then 4ft. Then pups start to wilt and die off. So let it dry out before watering again. Several weeks and no change. It's been a week and I potted it up on my porch out of direct sunlight. Backed of the watering. Still acting the same way. We have bought from this nursery for 10 years. Only plant we ever had trouble with. Owner gets TC plants from Agristarts. Talked to them and there plants aren't having problems and don't know what's wrong with mine..
These always look pretty beat up at his place from the wind. Mine looked okay.
Any ideas anyone? Love these and only nanner that gives me a problem.
Bugs in the corm maybe?
How about posting a pic of roots? Probably poor drainage. Course sand or Al's gritty mix or equal.
a.hulva@coxinet.net is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To a.hulva@coxinet.net