View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
bigdog

Zone: 8b
Name: Frank
BananaBucks : 733,597
Said "Thanks" 212 Times
Was Thanked 1,787 Times in 502 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 131 Times
Send a message via AIM to bigdog Send a message via MSN to bigdog
Default Re: Temps plummet in SE TN!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
I think all of these cold temperatures are due to global warming. I read an article a week or two ago about how, according to most news reports and many scientists, warmer temperatures are due to globa warming, colder temperatures are due to global warming, increased hurricane activity is due to global warming, decreased activity is due to global warming, droughts are due to global warming, and heavy rains are due to global warming.
I'm also going to blame my hair loss on global warming. Come to think of it, global warming is more than likely the reason I got that sinus headache the other day! Global warming is also responsible for my prescriptions being so expensive. My cell phone battery is almost dead due to global warming too.

Just having a little fun!

Seriously though, it has been nice and cold recently, but I haven't seen one temperature that has been out of zone for that area. Knoxville got to 12F yesterday morning and 15F this morning, still zone 8a temps. We are a zone 7a, but haven't seen zone 7a temps since Jan. 2003. This is January, after all! I'm in Orlando presently, visiting my folks. They predicted as low as 26F for here, but I think the low was 31F. We were 30F here in Oviedo, FL. Citrus all looks good, and the cold air will actually help to sweeten the fruit up a bit.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bigdog