View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
RafaelNJ

Zone: 6a
BananaBucks : 13,546
Said "Thanks" 6 Times
Was Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Help! Its getting cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnana View Post
Yes

When the soil pulls away (contracts from lack of moisture) from the container then it will be time for me to water. This is what works for me. Also my plants have been in the container for at least 60 days..so the container is filled with roots to utilize the water and it is hard to overwater this way .

Hint/hack...put a drop or less of dish detergent in your water so the water breaks the surface tension of the soil and does not run out the sides.....water sloooow.
Note the distance from the sides of the container below.
Soil pulled away from the side of the container
and you do the same once in your basement in the dark? I was expecting to water them like once max twice in the winter but that may be wrong as I see soil separating from sides within a couple days!
RafaelNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RafaelNJ
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors