Thread: New plants
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
scashaggy

Zone: 10b
Name: Shawn
BananaBucks : 34,707
Said "Thanks" 89 Times
Was Thanked 270 Times in 60 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 35 Times
Default Re: New plants

Hello all,

Now for the details.

Yesterday I took a trip down South. We first went to Florida City and made a few stops and got lunch and then we went to Homestead. I had a few nurseries in mind that I wanted to stop at and then there were the ones on the way. I had no route in mind as I was making turns wherever just to see what was down that particular street. I stopped at a few nurseries to see what they had. At some point in the day, I reached my destination spot, Going Bananas.

If I wasn't going slow, I could have passed it as it was set back off the road. When I arrived, I was greeted by Don. I told him what I was looking for and he provided us with samples of different fruit to taste. After the wife and I tasted different bananas, we picked a few based on what we liked. Then Don showed us what the full size plants would look like in his grove. One of the bananas we originally picked would turn out to be too big so he showed us some other similar ones. He this showed us the green houses (if that's the right term) and explained the growing process for his plants. We picked out the plants we wanted of Namwa, Ice Cream, and FHIA 3. We also purchased a bag of fertilizer and some fruit.

Don and Going Bananas has won my business and if I ever need more plants, I will take the trip to see him.

Overall it was a nice day with the rain coming and going a few times, but that's Florida for you.
scashaggy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To scashaggy
Said thanks: