View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,317
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: Blue Java storm casualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipboy44 View Post
I'll be damn, the same thing happened to me this weekend also. We had a storm in Daytona Beach and it broke my AeAe with a fruit bunch in half and on the way down it also took down the largest sucker that was growing in front of it. Needless to say, I am not so happy. I am going to take the really large plant and pot it on a big pot and treat it as a corm and wait to see any growth before I start to really water it. but the one with the fruit was broken in half. I will let it lay there till I see the fruit start to die of ripen. I don't think that they are old enough to ripen at all. Let me take this minute to say this about AeAe: They are not all that they are made out to be. Very messy trees not the best fruit, and suckers that die one after another after another. They are pretty indeed and I a happy I have one but they are not all that they are made out to be. The only one that is happy or realizes what I have is me. So it is a personal thing.
Salute'
rick
Darn it. Sorry to read this Rick. It sucks, no matter what. I have had some real good Blue Java fruit as well as some okay ones to eat. But I am sure one thing applies to the AeAe like it does to the "real deal" Blue Java: they are pretty awesome to look at. I have no computer or Photoshop skills, so the colors of the bunch are the actual blue-silver colors, photo taken with my iPhone. Unique and tasty.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: