View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
keikikid

Zone: 11
BananaBucks : 19,062
Said "Thanks" 88 Times
Was Thanked 88 Times in 27 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 14 Times
Default weird brown spots inside the fruit

I ate them anyway, but what causes this?

The fruit are from my neighbor, an old Silk type mat on his place. Not just neglected, but downright abused. The brown spots were harder than the rest of the flesh when they were less ripe- but still scrumptious! Mercifully, this is one that can happily be eaten when merely yellow. The skins are cracked, but otherwise unblemished. With time the brown spots are perhaps a bit softer then the rest of the fruit. Of course I want a pup! But, not only are there now suspect spotty flesh & banana skins in my compost, will I bring in something truly horrible with a plant? Other than nematodes, corm borers....
keikikid is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To keikikid
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors