View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
JackQuack78

Zone: 8-9
Name: John
BananaBucks : 5,425
Said "Thanks" 18 Times
Was Thanked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 18 Times
Default A couple questions

I have read quite a bit about how to overwinter banana, but what about when temperatures soar? In the northern Sacramento Valley it gets hot! Typically from May to September-October it's in the 90's up to 108, and every few years can get up to 115 or so. I tried to search this, but my forum-fu is weak compared to my google-fu style.

Second, I really want a good book on bananas. Is there one or two? I want a little bit of everything, light on the whole history and the blahx3, but some would be nice too. I mostly want a comprehensive little guide with info and tips etc., of growing. Maybe it lists and talks about various varieties. This will make the majority of you shiver, but I have dozens of tarantulas of all types, and we have a book (The Tarantula Keeper's Guide) that is like the bible in the tarantula hobby. It has history, care, and talks about the various types, etc. So yeah, anything like this exist for the banana world?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by JackQuack78 : 08-25-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Thought I'd add in the book title in the off chance someone might give a hoot ;)
JackQuack78 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JackQuack78

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors