Thread: Red Lady Papaya
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #113 (permalink)
trebor

Zone: POMPANO BEACH, FL Zone 10
BananaBucks : 108,793
Said "Thanks" 845 Times
Was Thanked 1,329 Times in 483 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 256 Times
Default Re: Red Lady Papaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iunepeace View Post
Glad to spark some green papaya discussion! It's grown a lot locally so I can loko more into using it in some dishes (love spice).

I read that sand was already high in minerals so I thought I only needed to add organic matter; what's the Azomite for?
My soil is sand, there actually was a bean farm where my house sits. So no coral to speak of other than 4 inches where the farmer used it to make a parking pad for his equipment.
AZOMITEĀ® | Frequently Asked Questions | Facts | Science
That link is to azomite faq and it pretty much covers any and all questions you could ever ask. I use it because I get great results from applying it yearly about every 120 days . I might even add some from time to time extra but not to often. So I guess the answer to your question is I use Azomite to re-mineralize my sand/soil.. The difference for me is about 40% better. Yes I have actually raised plenty of Papaya before using it . once I put it on 4 trees and I was shocked at the difference.
At present I have 7 fruit bearing sized Papaya but that will soon change back to 10-12

If ya can't eat it, it ain't growing in my back yard !
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To trebor
Said thanks: