View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
siege2050
Hobby obsessor maximus

Zone: zone 7
BananaBucks : 363,190
Said "Thanks" 854 Times
Was Thanked 1,295 Times in 614 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 85 Times
Default Re: Should i put it in the ground now ?

Where I live the weather is insane lol. In the winter it gets down to -5 F, and in the summer it gets up to 105+F. Extremely humid in the summer time, tornados, and high winds are very common. One day it can be 50 degrees, and the next it can be 90, and this happens a lot. Never know what it will do. Yeah cold and wet is not good, I have planted a few things that are easily supposed to be hardy here, but because they were in a damp location, they rotted over the winter. Perhaps you could try digging them up before first frost, and storing them in a cool basement, under the house, or in a garage that doesn't get below freezing, and then planting them back out when it is warm enough. I stored my Orinoco with leaves over the winter in a pot, in a cool place, and only watered it once the whole time, but they can be stored bare root, then planted back out in when warm enough. But like Panrcrazio said, experiment with a pup when you get one. I have several types that are supposed to be root hardy in my zone (Black thai, Saba, etc.) But I am going to sacrifice a pup before trying them outdoors.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any Banana pudding! How can you have any Banana pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

Click for weather forecast

Last edited by siege2050 : 06-16-2014 at 04:51 PM.
siege2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To siege2050
Said thanks: