View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,266
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: How long does it take for Blue Java fruit to ripen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingWind View Post
Hi cheson74! I am so impressed with all your hard work you have done to make your place look like a living paradise! I recently came from Oahu and brought some seeds from there to start my own trees and plants. God bless Hawaii! I was so happy! Now looking at your pictures of the new Ice Cream grows I got upset... My Ice Cream is almost 2 years old and fruiting first time now, but it doesn't look blue like yours!.. ??? I am in Arizona, 40 mls west of Phoenix, zone 9b, so fruiting bananas here are not everyday thing. Is it a wrong banana or too much sun and heat?.. I never had bananas in my life. I got 9 varieties of fruiting bananas, and three of them the 2 year old ones are fruiting first time: Ice Cream, Giant Cavendish and Apple. My place is young, we moved here 3 years ago, it was bare land here before. I started my orchard and garden of all tropical fruits I could find or start myself, which will do good and ok here in the sand and desert climate. I always wanted to live in a paradise and have my own fruits and veggies, tastier then the store ones.
I am not Cheson, but your plants and fruits look beautiful and are most likely Namwah . Where did you get it? It is not easy to find the "real" Ice Cream/Blue Java outside of Hawaii.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: