View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,831
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: What Banana's did I see shopping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2 View Post
I'll take a pup if I ever get settled; doubt I'll eat the fruit (based on your opinion) but I'll trade pups with someone stupid for something tasty

The prosecutor is the big customer; as I said, if you don't know what variety you're offering, just label it "banana". Most people don't care--they just want a banana "tree". Heck, they'll blame themselves if it doesn't produce edible fruits so they won't complain. (They tossed the receipt and such the day they purchased her.)

I see figs both labeled and not; I know that game. I'm anxiously awaiting taking cuttings from 3 of my best figs that I sent as twigs here in 2008; I rescued, repotted and placed them in a sunnier area where they finally are leafing out and growing. (She had them in total shade; they have never bloomed.) Varieties? Don't care. Superb black, green and brown with breba crops. I started BT from her clipping so will get one of those. And starts from a Black Mission and 2 other "tagged ones" she purchased from Lowes which are probably actually mysteries. IDing figs is not easy. Panache? Yes. Others? No.
Don't get me wrong on the Blue Java fruit: I have eaten some really nice ones when they were completely filled in and ripe, but also some "so so ones" harvested too early.
So far it is missing the consistency but I am waiting for another great looking bunch to harvest any day now....

Labeling a plant just banana plant could be a solution, but then there are people like my Mom buying a Basjoo thinking they will grow edibles and not ornamentals ....
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: