View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 9,413
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: What Banana's did I see shopping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2 View Post
Agristarts and TC other labs have no reason to be more careful (this is science?) unless they're called on it. It does no good for you or me or even this entire forum to grouse about it; the large purchasers have the clout. Beef and vegetables are recalled--why not mislabeled plants? And, yes, I am very serious. I realize that people don't die as a result of getting a DC instead of a Mysore but misrepresentation is fraud. (If you honestly don't know the variety, just call them "bananas"; I've seen pots of these in WM and the other stores.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy1981 View Post
This is more than likely the usual agristarts mixup with the tall namwah being labeled a blue java. I believe that is where Lowes and other big box stores get their banana plants. I could be wrong but the problem at least with banana plants lies with the tissue culture source.
Sure, but where is the prosecutor?
Lets take the Blue Java mix up: I have had a 30 minute phone conversation with Agristarts about their tissue culture material and have offered them the "real deal". They said that they were aware of the mix up, but the problem had been fixed. Well, that was over a year ago, but apparently nothing has been fixed. And they never called me back.
I am still willing to provide them with the real Ice Cream.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks:
Sponsors