Thread: Fruit Fuel
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #60 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 9,931
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: Fruit Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Note [3/27/2014]: This discussion is continued here: Fruit Fuel Fertilizers

Feeding time! I have yet to install irrigation, so I hooked up one of the fertigators to my hose line and gave my fruiting plants their first feeding of the year. After I install the irrigation, I'll create "docks" for the fertigators so I can feed various plant groups indepedently; e.g., fruiting plants, leafy vegetables, tubors, herbs. The unit you see in the picture is a Dosatron D14MZ2 attached to the back of a Dosatron cart.

Richard, I remembered that you were using the Dosatron products. I am just fine with my 5 gallon water bucket and measuring out my fruit fuel with a measure cup.
However, one neighbor was walking by and suggesting to use something like the Miracle Gro garden feeder. I personally think that would not be that precise than my more work intensive water bucket, but would like to get your input on this.
My newly planted fruit trees and the banana pups I got from you last fall are getting half of what my big established banana mats get (one bucket vs two for the mats)but I strongly feel that the mats could use even more....Sure it would be nice to make it less labor intensive, but so far my labor has always paid of compared to the neighbors yard But a Dosatron is out of my budget.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana