Thread: Did you know..?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 240,698
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: Did you know..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnshrek View Post
All I know is my Pecan is growing leaves again and the deer are now eating bites out of peaches instead of eating my pecan tree leafless.. Its a 1st year peach so they can have all the fruit, so it can grow.. :^)
I despise those white tailed rats. Forget those lists about "deer safe plants" because there are no plants they won't develop a taste for--just to spite you. We used repellent when I was landscaping. The really stinky one seemed to lose its effect (read: the rodents learned to hold their breath) so we switched to an herbal one that smelled a bit minty. Wish I'd paid attention to the names. (My coworker used something with "line" (I think) in the name; though she had her herbicide/pesticide license, she tried to very natural in her own gardens and she swore by it.) No, peeing on your lot line, tossing human hair and hanging bars of that Irish soap around will not deter them IME.

Deer get accustomed to feeding in the same areas; if you can discourage them now from visiting from yours and there's good pickings elsewhere they will migrate there.