View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #129 (permalink)
hanabananaman

Zone: 9-10
Name: Larry
BananaBucks : 46,600
Said "Thanks" 230 Times
Was Thanked 143 Times in 68 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 183 Times
Default Re: Florida Hill Nursery?

I ordered a few TC bananas and 2 papayas last summer from FHN. When the package arrived it looked like it had been kicked down the road all the way to my house from Florida. I could have refused delivery and sent it back and wish now I had. The PO never responded to my complaint. The TC's looked very sad and lacking nutrients and the papayas had been snapped off at 3 inches tall from 18 inches. Traded some emails with mr. wonderful and he asked me to see if the papaya would grow back before doing anything. I definitely smelled a rat at that point. Several weeks later when the papaya stems dried out and they died I was about to try calling them when I realized all my bananas had wine stains so I knew at least one of them was not what I had ordered. Started reading negative comments and figured it was not worth my time because the only thing I would have wanted was a refund and I knew that would not happen. Ordered a few more TC's from Wellspring that were MUCH healthier than the FHN crap. Do not buy anything from that clown.
hanabananaman is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hanabananaman