View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Abnshrek
Happy Growing

Zone: 8b, but 9b weather..
Name: Migael / Michael
BananaBucks : 199,568
Said "Thanks" 10,447 Times
Was Thanked 16,443 Times in 5,238 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,318 Times
Default Re: Dying leaves while flowering please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy17 View Post
Thanks Abnshrek, this is really helpful. So this could likely be due to heat stress because of such a large plant in a relatively small pot? With the temps this summer I could definitely see that. Because its still in the pot (I was "this" close to planting it in the ground, but didn't because it didn't look like it would flower this year), I've been worried about the plant getting the right nutrition, especially now that its flowered and started developing fruit. Is this cooler 70's and 80's weather better for growth? (That would be awesome because I was afraid that the best days for fruit set were over )
Leaves are produced faster in these temps vs 90's or better.. You have pretty plant what she fruit @ 11.5' or so? The good thing is she's still mobile (3 person move?) just hope you don't get no super wind storms. Just keep the leaves and bloom from frost or worse. It's a lot easier to have a mobile plant to protect it from the elements than one stuck in the ground.. This is my heifer.. I'm transferring a pup out this week that will be a fun task in itself.. :^)

I'm a Nannerhead :^)
Abnshrek is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Abnshrek
Said thanks: