View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
andy17

Zone: 8a
Name: Andy
BananaBucks : 102,534
Said "Thanks" 251 Times
Was Thanked 154 Times in 99 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 19 Times
Default Dying leaves while flowering please help!

Hello everyone,
I'm so thrilled to have a huge flower on the Ice Cream! This is my first flower and developing fruit. But I can't seem to figure this leaf problem out. The oldest leaves start yellowing then browning along the leaf edges, becoming crispy and dark brown. This works all the way up the leaf to the midrib, where the midrib itself starts to die. Might be Phosphorous or Potassium deficiency, but I have no clue. I've upped the Miracle Grow to full strength once a week and I'm going to add Sul-Po-Mag once it arrives from Amazon. So far the newest leaves look much greener and happier, but the older leaves continue to die :/ I'm worried this deficiency will harm the developing fruit Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1359.jpg (881.2 KB, 45 views)

andy17 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To andy17
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors