View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Astroraider

Zone: 10
BananaBucks : 6,953
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default blooms are blasting off with no hands

I live in south of Fort Meyers in Florida

I got a banana plant from Mom -- no clue what kind it is. It is now planted and growing (in the ground) in the side yard. I started with one stem (now dead and gone) and now have 7 actively growing. The first stem died without blooming. The second stem is now blooming and has set 5 hands of bananas but the rest of the blooms have come and gone and no more bananas are being set ... so I have a long stem with a couple of hands of bananas at the top and 20 or 30 places where hands could be but aren't and I still have the big purple bud at the end.

What am I doing wrong?

And ... do bananas have a "season" ... will they produce bananas only one time a year or ???

Enquiring minds want to know!!

Pictures available ...

Last edited by Astroraider : 08-21-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add some info
Astroraider is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Astroraider
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors