View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
thegeodeman2005

BananaBucks : 5,212
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default I can't figure out what is wrong with my Ensete Maurelii

I got my Ensete 3 years ago from Ebay. When I got it, it was a small plant with two leaves but it grew quickly into a very beautiful banana plant with very nice color I got allot of complements on it. The second year the problem started with the leaves getting spots or patches on them like burns. This was after moving it back outside in the spring. I have tried everything and fought all last year with this plant. I first thought it wasn't getting enough water but that wasn't it. I put it in a bigger pot but that didn't help. I tried filtered sun, shade, less water, more water, I don't give it fertilizer anymore (thought it could be burning from that). I don't get the leaves wet when watering. I finally though the very hot humid summer we were having must be doing it so I gave up and let it go it never did get a spot free leaf not one. This year I have move it back outside for spring and its seems worse this year. I forgot to mention that these spots are also on the new leaves coming out as well. I don't have a way to get pictures of mine but I found some on google that look just like mine but can't find any answers. The patches on my leave are dark in color like the third photo almost black but mine start more in the center of the leaves not the edges the rest of the leaf looks healthy and I don't see any bugs. The last picture is how my base looks now from having to cut off the really bad older leaves. Again these are not pics of my plant I found these on google. My other Bananas do fine with no problems just the Ensete.

thegeodeman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To thegeodeman2005
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors