View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
mcflied

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 21,053
Said "Thanks" 19 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Joy Re: Now there's 2 great locations for Banana Fuel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
My guess is that YOUR definition of organic is very different from the definition that the USDA uses to permit a product to be labeled organic. In particular, your idea of "synthetic fertilizer" is likely far different than the USDA definition.
Agricultural Marketing Service - National Organic Program

I primarily sell water-soluble fertilizers that contain dehydrated minerals and amino acids. I promote feeding the plant and not the soil, because (among other things) the latter is the main source of ground water pollution.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. There are many reasons I want to use organic components for fertilizers and not chemicals. I have dogs, I want to eat the bananas (without any chemical fertilizer), and want to keep my property chemical free.

So I am assuming from your response that you do not use any chemicals, is that right? If you could describe why your product is organic or is not, that would help me make a decision on whether or not to purchase it for my bananas.

If you don't have an organic fertilizer, I would think that could be something additional you could offer and I know many people would be interested. It's a win win.

Thanks Richard for your replies and info.
mcflied is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mcflied