View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
KokoTheMonkey

BananaBucks : 18,098
Said "Thanks" 21 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Black "burnt" edges/tips and limping leaves Musa Velutina

The first few days I got it it was sunny, I just put some trays with water near it and it was seriously making a leaf per day. Since then I got some horrible weather here (Summer in the Netherlands: 40 degrees and rain). Temperatures started dropping and the sun hasn't been seen for most of the week.

It's near a radiator (the place with most sun...) so I started misting 2-3x per day to make up for lost humidity. Even the new leaf that is emerging already has a black tip, and the black stuff is now spreading to the sides. The recently made leaves are still doing fine (although they are slowly losing firmness) but the oldest leaves are starting to lose color and limp.

Normal? Or is the thing slowly dying? It's still growing, for a normal plant rather fast but really slow after seeing the growth it had in the first few days.
KokoTheMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To KokoTheMonkey

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors