View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
amantedelenguaje
amantedelenguaje

Zone: 7
BananaBucks : 30,654
Said "Thanks" 832 Times
Was Thanked 599 Times in 200 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,393 Times
Default Seedling Tangerine Advice Needed

I started some tangerine seeds in February of 2010. They are the same age although one is significantly taller--5.5' tall excluding the container. I don't know how much longer I will be able to bring it indoors to protect it from zone 7 winters. If I prune down the height, I reduce thenode count and the tree will never fruit. I want to know if they are likely to fruit in the next year or two. I'm thinking of air layering a top branch on the tall plant so that I can begin a new tree yet conserve the greatest node count possible.

w

the plants looked like this a year ago.

Last edited by amantedelenguaje : 03-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.
amantedelenguaje is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To amantedelenguaje

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors