View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
barnetmill
barnetmill

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 68,251
Said "Thanks" 110 Times
Was Thanked 319 Times in 202 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 37 Times
Default Re: Southern Weather Forecast

In my specific 8b micro-locality I get freezes even when it is predicted to stay several degrees above freezing; the predicted freezes are usually colder than stated. I got a freeze two nights ago and it froze a little last night also. I have kept my single banana plant covered and will tomorrow night and then I will uncover and see if the leaf that extends above the mulch is still alive. This weather should be the end of the freezes. The florida yellow flies will soon be out and already most of my plum, pear, and early apple trees have or are blooming.
I took in a potted bare rook pear that has a prospect pear graft that is starting to bud out. The prospect is a tree that has be recently been discovered in Carrolton, Mississippi Nafex Southern Pear Interest Group . It may be unique or it could be an original turnbull pear, but in any case I wish to add it to my collection of pears.

Last edited by barnetmill : 03-03-2013 at 11:59 AM.
barnetmill is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To barnetmill
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors