View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
iz

Zone: Zone 8
Name: iz
BananaBucks : 40,862
Said "Thanks" 66 Times
Was Thanked 54 Times in 38 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 10 Times
Wink Re: Coconuts and cold tolerance

I just bought a "GOLD MALAY DWARF COCONUT~ Cocos nucifera SEED." I will plant it in a pot first. After if it gets too big enough to bring inside my greenhouse, I guess I will do the test of planting it outside next to my salt water pool in zone 8 area- Dallas. My bananas are doing well. I have put some of the bananas that fruited late in a large container-growing well. And for my California Gold and Saba seems to be firm in ground outside. Of course I cover it with poly Tarp cover. Maybe next year, I will use the Christmas tree light to give it extra warmth.

Im also considering getting the Mini Coconut Palm and the Bolivian Coconut.
I only like investing on edible plant and trees.
I sure miss the feel of the tropical paradise..can't we bring some of those paradise here in Texas too?
This place did and it gets colder there; GREATER GOODNA NEWS Councillor Paul Tully - Division 2 City of Ipswich: What a lovely bunch of coconuts - in downtown Goodna!

Any one got other suggestions about hardiest coconut?

Last edited by iz : 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
iz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To iz
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors