Thread: New bananas!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
wolfyhound

Zone: 9
Name: Wolfyhound
BananaBucks : 53,126
Said "Thanks" 393 Times
Was Thanked 423 Times in 195 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 67 Times
Default Re: New bananas!

Yep, I'm unsure on any of them. That's why I put the ? because it's what the label said, but hey, could be anything.

Tomorrow I shall go get my first Orinoco.

I love this Ace, I go in anytime I feel like planting and ask the nursery guy "What do you have on clearance?" and usually go home with 100 plants for $10. They often get rid of things like snapdragons as soon as the blooms fall off. But snapdragons rebloom in a month, bigger and more than the first. But that's a month they sit on shelves taking up space, so the place wants them gone. Bingo. I get them for next to nothing.

I also stop when the landscapers are ripping out old plants and replanting the decorative area in the front of the shopping center where I work. They are happy to help me load the entire bed of my pick up in perfectly good plants that I can replant in my yard and watch turn into gorgeous landscaping for FREE. I got a pickup truck bed completely filled and mounded up with snapdragons after the first bloom died, plus several other kinds of plants at various times. I stopped counting snaps after the first thousand. Gave them away to a bunch of friends, plus neighbors, plus family and still planted 800 in my front yard.

Gotta love free.

Last edited by wolfyhound : 01-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.
wolfyhound is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To wolfyhound