View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Dangermouse01

BananaBucks : 51,760
Said "Thanks" 60 Times
Was Thanked 875 Times in 233 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: The Pineapple Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbud View Post
I feel so happy! My post is popular! Anyway, will get to updates soon. Also wondering, anyone know where I can get red-stemmed sugarcane? Does it grow back each year after I cut it?
I plant just about every pineapple top I get. I just harvested this one this morning from the yard.

Probably could have left it for another day or two, but I could just start to get that pineapple smell. But usually if I wait after I can smell it, the possums will get to it the night before I plan to harvest it. And I find it already eaten when I go out to get it, or it was dragged away (which would explain some of the locations that pineapples are growing in my yard, from those tops).

Kbud, as for sugarcane, I have Black and Red growing in pots. Going to be planting some Green today. When my dogs are in the grass eating mood, they like to eat the leaves of the Red (or the lemon grass) so it isn't as large as it should be (which is why I put it in a pot and moved it to the front yard). If you are not in another country send me a PM and I will see what I can find to send ya (I know I have more Green than I need to plant).

DM
Dangermouse01 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Dangermouse01
Said thanks: