View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basjoofriend

Zone: 10
Name: 01
BananaBucks : 187,326
Said "Thanks" 138 Times
Was Thanked 266 Times in 123 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Article on banana fertilization and nutrient deficiencies

This might solve the problem in my chácara here in Lucianópolis. My housekeeper Antonio said to me that the soil here in my yard is not suitable to grow bananas, he was formerly banana farmer, 5 years ago he sold his banana plantation. There are No Go areas for bananas and areas to still grow bananas in my yard. Only where the soil is red, at the Antonio's vegetable garden and at the pond in the special garden for bananas there the bananas can be grown with success. I also have more success than my Japanese neighbour. The Japanese neighbour has grown bananas for 8 years, but no fruit yet and her bananas plants are of the poor growth. Recently I have even harvested bananas! But I want to grow more banana species, I am bananist like you. My soil is sand.

I want to translate it to Portuguese for Antonio, he does not speak English, but his kids speak English and his daughter is my guest daughter and does also speak German and lives in my house in Hamburg. I have one new printer with fax and scan options here, but still not acessed, his son will help me to acess it, then I will translate and print out for Antonio, he should read it!!! This will help to right fertilize the bananas in the sandy soil here!

In Israel there are also bananas growing, but there the soil is also sandy, desert sandy soil!

Best wishes
Joachim
Basjoofriend is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Basjoofriend
Said thanks: