Thread: Burgess?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
saturn13

BananaBucks : 5,091
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Burgess?

Burgess has had a good deal on Cavendish for a long time.Lowest price.I got 3, 10 years ago.They were your typical 10" tissue culture.I plant those in containers until they get going.As much Sun as possible.Keep damp.They grew well.A new shoot should appear as soon as a leaf opens in 70-90 degree.Best fertilizer is liquid.They said they were dwarfs,but were regular 8'-10'.They matured in the ground just fine.Between freezes and I had someone vandalizing my fruit trees with herbicide I did not get much fruit.This year I figured out what was going on and moved to a new location.I decided to try all my bananas again.Mostly dwarfs,to stop wind damage and cover for freezes.I got Dwarf Cavendish from Fl. Hill and they are doing good so far.I wanted to try a Cavendish from another company so I tried Burgess.Shipping is a little high.They packed it in a little open cardboard box and it came in perfect shape.This was Sept.It is a great grower.Take a while to see if it is dwarf.If it is regular,this is the only place I know of to get a regular.
saturn13 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To saturn13